How do I get my HuskyCard?

Where do I get it?:

Please visit the Library and IT Service Center to obtain your HuskyCard. A valid government-issued photo ID is required, such as a driver's license, a state ID or a passport. 

Move-in Weekend - Fall Semester Only:

Incoming fall students can get their HuskyCards at a designated location during Move-In Weekend in August. A valid government-issued photo ID is required.

How much does it cost?:

Your first HuskyCard is complimentary. There is a $15 replacement fee for damaged, lost or stolen HuskyCards. A valid government-issued photo ID or your previous HuskyCard is still required to obtain a replacement.

How do I take care of my HuskyCard?:

  • Keep your HuskyCard safe in a holder and on your person. 
  • Do not punch holes in, bend, bite, crack, place near a wireless charger nor demagnetizing device nor use it as an ice scraper.
  • Do not give out your HuskyCard to someone else to use. Do not leave it at home during academic breaks.

Do I need to pick up my HuskyCard in-person?:

Yes, is required that you obtain your HuskyCard in-person with a valid government-issued photo ID, including online students.

Can my spouse or dependent get a HuskyCard?:

IT prints HuskyCards only for active students, staff, and faculty at Michigan Tech with an M# assigned through HR or the Registrar. The Central Ticket Office in the SDC offers Student Spouse/Dependent cards for a fee to receive discounts around campus.